Upcoming Concerts

Upcoming+Concerts

Thomas Olenchek, Contributor

One of the greatest parts about living in the twin cities as a student is how many things there are to do outside of school. One of those opportunities is concerts. Minneapolis is a hub for musicians because of the many big names that are from here including; Bob Dylan, Prince, Lizzo, and Soul Asylum. Many of the current musical stars tour through Minneapolis and St. Paul and as a student living there you should go out and explore what these musicians have to offer. Looking ahead to the spring semester, here are some of top names in music that are coming to the cities.

Kodak Black – January 21st, 2023

Kodak Black is a highly popular rapper. Kodak is best known for his songs ‘Tunnel Vision,’ ‘No Flockin,’ and ‘Transportin’.’ Kodak began making music at the age of 12. He released his first studio album in 2017 which reached third on the Billboard 200. Since then Kodak has gained an immense following and has collaborated with some of the hottest artists of the century. Kodak will be coming to The Armory in Minneapolis on Saturday 21, January 2023.

Tove Lo – February 18th, 2023

Tove Lo is a Swedish grunge-influenced pop singer/songwriter. She began her music career 2006 with a Christian Bjerring in a band called Tremblebee. In 2009 the band broke up and she pursued music individually. In 2013 Lo released her hit single ‘Habits’ and quickly grew to stardom. Since 2013 she has released many hit songs such as ‘Don’t Say Goodbye,’ ‘How Long,’ and ‘Pressure.’ Tove Lo will be performing at Palace Theatre in St. Paul on Saturday 18, February 2023.

Maggie Rogers – February 18th, 2023

Maggie Rogers is an American singer-songwriter, and producer. She first rose to fame when her solo song ‘Alaska’ was shown to producer and musician Pharrell Williams. Rogers was quick to rise to fame with the support of Pharrell. Since her hit songs ‘Alaska’ and ‘Dog Years’ have blown up, she has released three albums; ‘Heard It In A Past Life,’ ‘Notes from the Archive,’ and her most recent ‘Surrender.’ The Concert on February 18th will most likely consist of songs from her new album ‘Surrender,’ and her songs with Del Water Gap from ‘Notes from the Archives’ as Del water Gap is scheduled to perform with her. One avid Maggie Rogers fan, George Merkt, said “I can’t wait to see Maggie Rogers live. Her music gets me through all of my moods.” Rogers will be performing at The Armory in Minneapolis on Saturday 18, February 2023.

Toto – March 22nd, 2023

Toto is one of the most legendary band of all time. Toto is an American rock band that was formed in 1977. Toto has released 14 studio albums and sold over 40 million records during their career. Toto has received sever Grammy Awards and was inducted into the Musicians Hall of Fame and Museum in 2009. In the current year only two of the original members of the band continue to play and tour with Toto. These two members are Steve Lukather, and Joseph WIlliams. If you were to see Toto perform today, you will most likely enjoy a set list filled with their most popular songs of all time. Some of these songs include ‘Africa,’ ‘Hold the Line,’ ‘Rosanna,’ or ‘I’ll Be Over You.’ Toto will be performing at State Theatre in Minneapolis on Wednesday 22, March 2023.

Tyler Childers – June 14th, 2023

Tyler Childers is an American bluegrass and folk singer. Childers is one of most recent and fastest growing artists in the industry. Childers grew up in Paintsville, Kentucky the home of other famous artists Chris Stapleton and Loretty Lynn. Childers released his first album when he was 19 and has released four albums since. His album ‘Purgatory,’ released in 2017, brought his a massive following. Some of Childers top songs include ‘Feathered Indians,’ ‘Lady May,’ and ‘Nose On The Grindstone.’ Childers will be performing at The Armory on Wednesday 14th, June 2023.