Top Restaurants on and around Campus

Thomas Olenchek, Contributor

The University of Minnesota Twin Cities campus is home to a diverse and thriving food scene, with numerous restaurants offering a variety of cuisine options to suit different tastes and budgets. Whether you’re a student looking for a quick bite, a faculty member grabbing lunch, or a visitor to the area, there are plenty of great dining options available. In this article, we’ll take a look at the top 10 restaurants on and near the University of Minnesota Twin Cities campus.

1. Red’s Savoy Pizza: This popular pizzeria is located just a few blocks from the university and is famous for its thin-crust pizza and signature garlic sauce. With a menu that features both classic and creative toppings, Red’s Savoy Pizza is a must-visit for anyone who loves pizza.
  2. Al’s Breakfast: This tiny diner is tucked away in a narrow alley and is known for its incredible breakfast food. With a menu that features classic breakfast staples like eggs, bacon, and pancakes, as well as more unique offerings like the corned beef hash and potato pancake, Al’s Breakfast is the perfect spot for a lazy brunch.
  3. Agra Culture Kitchen & Press: This vegetarian and vegan-friendly cafe offers a variety of fresh, healthy, and delicious food options. From smoothie bowls and acai bowls to veggie burgers and salads, Agra Culture Kitchen & Press is the perfect place for those who are looking for a healthier dining option.
  4. Qdoba Mexican Eats: Qdoba is a popular fast-casual chain that specializes in Mexican cuisine. With a menu that features burritos, bowls, tacos, and quesadillas, Qdoba is a great option for anyone looking for a quick and satisfying meal.
  5. The Nook St. Paul: The Nook is a popular sports bar that is located just a few blocks from the university. With a menu that features classic pub fare, like burgers and wings, as well as a variety of beer and cocktails, The Nook is a great place to catch a game or grab a drink with friends.
  6. Ngon Bistro: This Vietnamese restaurant is known for its delicious and authentic cuisine. With a menu that features classic dishes like pho, banh mi, and summer rolls, Ngon Bistro is the perfect place for anyone looking for a flavorful and affordable meal.
  7. Busters on 28th: Busters on 28th is a classic American diner that serves up breakfast, lunch, and dinner. With a menu that features classic comfort food, like burgers and milkshakes, as well as a variety of salads and sandwiches, Busters on 28th is a great option for anyone looking for a casual and relaxed dining experience.
  8. The Loop Bar & Restaurant: The Loop is a popular bar and restaurant that is located just a few blocks from the university. With a menu that features a variety of burgers, salads, and sandwiches, as well as a selection of beers and cocktails, The Loop is a great place to grab a bite or catch up with friends.
  9. The Blue Door Pub: Blue Door was opened in 2008 in St. Paul. At this location they were the first restaurant to come up with the Blucy. The Blucy is much like the famous Juicy Lucy, but consists of a half pound burger stuffed with crumbled blue cheese and garlic. If you live on or near campus you must try the Blucy. Student Jack Radomski stated “The Blucy is one of the most delicious things to eat on campus and everyone should try it.”
  10. Saffron Restaurant & Lounge: Saffron is a popular restaurant that specializes in Mediterranean and Middle Eastern cuisine. With a menu that features a variety of kebabs, flatbreads, and meze plates, Saffron is the perfect place for anyone looking for a flavorful and exotic dining experience.