University of Minnesota Bar Specials

Maggie Fliszar, Editor

The University of Minnesota is a bustling campus, with over 50,000 students enrolled. After a long week of studying, these students seek out establishments to quench their thirst and satisfy their hunger. Among the most popular of these establishments are Sally’s Saloon, Blarney Pub & Grill, Burrito Loco, Stub and Herbs, and the Kollege Klub. Each of these bars offers a variety of specials, including happy hour discounts and food and drink pairings. Each of the bars on campus are unique in their atmosphere and students of all different backgrounds and personalities are sure to find one that fits their liking. In this story, I will provide a closer look at two of the bars at the University of Minnesota and the specials they have to offer.

The first bar is arguably the most popular bar on campus. Sally’s Saloon is located in the heart of Stadium Village, just a few blocks away from Huntington Bank Stadium. On game days the bar is packed with students and alumni alike. The bar offers a variety of seating options, with the booths being considered prime real estate. The bar serves up a delicious variety of food including wings, burgers, nachos, quesadillas, and tacos. The portions are large and are great for sharing among friends. Besides great food and atmosphere, Sally’s Saloon also offers great drink deals. Sally’s happy hour runs every day from 3-6 PM and 10 PM-Midnight. The happy hour deals include $2 select drinks and select beers and half-price select appetizers. The bar also offers daily specials on food:

• Monday- $2 sloppy sandwiches, All day
  • Tuesday-$5 street tacos, 5 PM-Midnight
  • Wednesday-$3 half-pound burgers, 5 PM-Midnight
  • Thursday-$7 two pound buckets of bone-in wings, 5 PM-Midnight
  • Saturday/Sunday- Breakfast burrito with your choice of bloody mary, screwdriver, or Jack’s IPASALLY'S SALOON & EATERY, Minneapolis - University / Dinkytown - Menu, Prices & Restaurant Reviews - Tripadvisor

With such great deals, it’s no wonder why Sally’s Saloon is one of the most popular and beloved bars on campus.

On the opposite side of campus sits another popular establishment. Blarney’s Pub and Grill is a lively and welcoming bar located in Dinkytown. With multiple TV screens scattered around the bar, it is a great place to get together with friends to watch the game. The menu at Blarney’s is Irish-inspired and boasts some unique dishes including bangers and mash, shepherd’s pie, and fish and chips. Another charming aspect of Blarney’s is the live music and events held at the bar. One of the most popular events that Blarney’s host is their weekly karaoke night, held every Thursday. The atmosphere is more suited for those who are looking to dance the night away, especially on the weekends. This Friday is sure to be especially exciting as the campus heads to Blarney’s to celebrate St. Patricks Day!

View toward the bar - Picture of Blarney Pub & Grill, Minneapolis - Tripadvisor

Some of Blarney’s specials include:

• Happy Hour 3:17 PM- 6:17PM, Tuesday-Saturday
    • $3 rails, $5 hamm jobs, $8 pitchers of Coors
    • $2 OFF apps. $5 personal pizzas
  • Sunday Funday
    • 9am-2PM
      • $12 bottomless mimosas
      • $4 bloodys
    • 6PM-10PM
      • $9.95 all you can eat spaghetti
    • 7PM-10PM Buy an app, get a free pitcher of domestic light beer
  • Taco Tuesdays
    • 6PM-10PM
      • $2 tacos, $8 burritos, $4 tequila sunrise
    • 9PM-2AM
      • $3,$4,$6 tequila
      • $4 corona, modelo, margarita
  • Wing Wednesdays
    • 6PM-10PM
      • $6 basket of wings
      • $3 whiskey
      • $4 warpigs
      • $10 bottle of wine
    • 9PM-2AM
      • $3 rail
      • $3 domestic bottles
  • Karoke Thursdays
    • 3PM-10PM
      • BOGO pizzas
    • 9PM-2AM
      • $4 long island iced tea
      • $4 twisted tea
  • F.A.C Friday
    • 3:17-6:17PM
      • ½  priced apps and taps
    • 9PM-2AM
      • $4 Bacardi
      • $4 Revel Stoke Whiskey
  • Saturday Specials
    • 9AM-2PM
      • $4 bloody’s and screwdrivers
    • 3PM-9PM
      • $15 buckets of beer
      • $5 Hamm Jobs
    • 9PM-2AM 
      • $3 domestic bottles
      • $4 Truly vodka seltzers

With so many great options to choose from, students and alumni alike are sure to have a memorable time wherever they choose to go.